Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Curve Ball...

I wrote this nice little write up about lighting a few days ago, with every intention on posting it...  Something to go along with our lighting theme...

However... Today I was thrown a curve ball and want to address this.

I try to infuse some humor into this blog - but this is not one of those posts.

Today I learned that a woman in our church passed away unexpectedly.  It was a shock to everyone that knew her.  I knew her name.  I knew her face.  She was always kind and said "hello" to us.

One of the first few posts I put on this blog was about an opportunity I had to shoot people at our church for their directory.

In the two months I've been shooting - every Sunday... I've had two different people pass away (unexpectedly!) that I've had the honor and privilege to shoot!  

Through my simple quick head shots I've been taking every Sunday - I met Marion.  I took her picture multiple times... all with her eyes closed!  We joked about it.  She went out of her way to say hello to my wife and I from there on out!  It was only a few short weeks ago... but that small gesture left a big impact on our lives!

I mention all this because you never know how your pictures will impact someone... or better yet, how they'll impact you!

Marion and Tim will not be forgotten.  They touched people's lives beyond what I'll ever know.  I was blessed enough to capture their faces, if ever so briefly.  Even if Marion blinked for all my shots of her.

Never underestimate the impact that shooting someone has!  


- jermz

No comments: